The competition entry portal is open for our summer comp and we’re judging at our meeting on Wednesday night where’s it’s on like Donkey Kong.
Here’s a quick list of the key points;
- Entries close at 6pm sharp Tuesday. Get them in, get them paid online and get the labels printed. You need to register a new account.
- We’re at the Wheaty from 6pm all entries in by 7pm, judging starts around 7.30 when it’s all sorted.
- There are no drop off locations.
- Prizes are for financial club members only (so make sure your membership is up to date) and for the BJCP category of low abv beers.
- Vouchers are $100, $30, $20 and points towards brewer of the year.
- Hazy beers are a ‘loose’ category and ‘we’re not in it for sheep stations’. Again, club members only and $50, $30, $20.
- Everyone who comes is expected to join in judging or stewarding. You’ll be grouped to tables with experienced judges. Great experience and fun.
- Yes, we need help. Thanks for offering.
- Pay before portal closes and print your bottle labels. Do not put your name on them! We really don’t need it. Trust us.
- The competition rules are on our website.
This recent article from Crafty Pint about blind tasting hazy beers has a lot of good points. Many we’ll follow. Have a read and you’ll get where we’re coming from. Getting Blind with Crafty. How we judge
Club BeerBQ, Sunday, March 14
Sunday, March 14 from 1 pm – 5 pm at the Prospect Petanque Club, 14 – 32 Buchanan Street, Nailsworth.
How does it work? It’s simple. We put on the food and you bring your beer in kegs with serving equipment or in bottles. It’s a great opportunity to meet other brewers and try lots of homebrew.
We’ll be setting up a bar and rotating through three beers at a time.
We need RSVPs in ASAP so we can plan for numbers. Register here.
Note, this is an event for financial members of the club who are up to date with their $60 membership. It’s also for families, partners and kids. If you’re not a member you are not able to come. You can join of course here.
It’s not an open invite for anyone and not for your mate who likes beer. We’ll offer that in winter on Saturday, May 1 for BeerBQ ‘full winter version’ on our regular scheduled date too.
Forward dates Calendar
- March 14 – BeerBQ
- March 17 No meeting. Casual meet at Sparkke Whitmore Square
- April 21 – BJCP explained
- May 1 – BeerBQ
- May 19 – Tasting night (Belgian Barrel Beer)
- June 16 – Brewing Zero ABV beer at Pirate Life
- July 17 – Winter comp
- July 21 – Meeting AGM