The club’s 2022 summer competition will be a banger, trust us. The only styles being judged will be:
- Hop forward beers (IPA, pale ales etc)
You can make anything you like in these BJCP styles below.
Tip: your beer must be able to be rebrewed, all-grain and able to be replicated and consumed within three months. Ideally not super high abv or aged. We strongly encourage you to keep detailed notes on your recipe, process and brew day. You may want to go all out to win this one. There will be limits on entries per brewer and an overall cap on entries.
Open to financial club members who are amateur brewers.
- Dates: Entries close: Sunday 16th January 2022
- Drop off and portal opening details TBA
- Judging: Saturday 22nd January 2022
- Winners announced: Sunday 23rd January 20223 categories will be judged, with a winner announced in each of the three following categories:
- 12c English IPA
- 18b American Pale Ale
- 21A American IPA
- 21B Specialty IPA (Brown/Black/hazy etc)
- 22A Double IPA
- 13C English Porter
- 15B Irish stout
- 15C Irish Extra Stout
- 16 Dark British Beer
- 20 American Porter & Stout
SABC Summer competition 2022 Conditions:
1. Entries must be All-grain, with exception of adjuncts, special ingredients. All special ingredients must be listed on entry.2. One bottle per entry as per the description of acceptable bottle type and volume set out in general club competition rules.3. Maximum of one entry per major category, 3 entries in total per brewer.4. Brewers must be able to provide detailed brewing notes to reproduce winning beers.
General club competition rules: South Australian Brewing Club (“SABC”) General Competition Rules for all club competitions:
1. Disputes concerning any competition run by the SABC will be determined by the SABC in its sole and absolute discretion.2. Any dispute should be addressed to the Competitions Director and SABC committee.3. To be eligible for any prizes, an entrant must be a current financial member to enter.4. Bottle sizes: Only glass or plastic bottles or cans larger than or equal to 500ml and no greater than 1000ml will be accepted. 700ml bottles are preferred. 330ml stubby bottles or cans will not be accepted.5. Prior to the judging of entries, the Competitions Director may declare prizes available to any and all entrants.6. Prizes offered as are and cannot be exchanged for cash or same financial value.7. The Competitions Director may vary the rules applicable to any competition by declaring the variations prior to the commencement of judging.8. Entrants must declare any conflict of interest before taking part in the administration or judging of a competition.9. SABC reserves the right to cancel, postpone or modify the competition.10. All entries must be handcrafted products, containing ingredients available to the general public, and made using private equipment by hobbyist brewers.11. The competition director reserves the right to combine styles for judging and to restructure awards as needed depending upon the quantity and quality of entries received.12. All participants in a SABC Competition shall act in good faith at all times
October club meeting
The next club meeting will be a member’s beer assessment meeting. Bring a long neck or at least 750mls of your beer and we’ll allocate it to groups for blind assessment. Don’t mark the bottle with what it is, let them guess. We’ve done it before and it’s good fun and you’ll receive sound feedback too.
Bring another bottle for bottle bingo too.
We’re planing a club barrel project. Stay tuned for that one. We’ll let you know what’s happening soon.
The Christmas event is being worked out. It’ll involve your beer in groups/teams.