2021 SA Brewing Club competitions
Winners – SABC Summer 2021 Competition
Table 1: Low ABV (22 entries)
|1st||Gregg Stevenson||Lager 679||Czech Pale Lager||SABC|
|2nd||Daniel Healey||Raspberry Berliner Weisse||Berliner Weisse||SABC|
|3rd||Daniel Davenport||“All Night Long” Lager||German Leichtbier||SABC|
Table 4: Hazy (14 entries)
|1st||Lachlan Johnson||Throat Cream||Hazy||SABC|
|2nd||Ali Holden||The Acronyms Are Strong Ddh Oat Cream DIPA||Hazy||SABC|
|3rd||Ali Holden||Watermelon Gose||Hazy||SABC|
Winter Competition 2021
All things lager. Judged July 17.
South Australian Brewing Club (“SABC”) General Competition Rules for all club competitions
- Disputes concerning any competition run by the SABC will be determined by the SABC in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Any dispute should be addressed to the Competitions Director and SABC committee.
- In order to be eligible for any prizes, an entrant must be a current financial member at the time the results are published.
- Bottle sizes: Only glass or plastic bottles or cans larger than or equal to 500ml and no greater than 1000ml will be accepted. 700ml bottles are preferred. 330ml stubby bottles or cans will not be accepted.
- Prior to the judging of entries, the Competitions Director may declare prizes available to any and all entrants.
- Prizes offered as are and cannot be exchanged for cash or same financial value.
- The Competitions Director may vary the rules applicable to any competition by declaring the variations prior to the commencement of judging.
- Entrants must declare any conflict of interest before taking part in the administration or judging of a competition.
- SABC reserves the right to cancel, postpone or modify the competition.
- All entries must be handcrafted products, containing ingredients available to the general public, and made using private equipment by hobbyist brewers.
- The competition director reserves the right to combine styles for judging and to restructure awards as needed depending upon the quantity and quality of entries received.
- All participants in a SABC Competition shall act in good faith at all times.
SABC Club Brewer of the Year competition
The 2019 Brewer of the Year is John van der Zalm.
Open to all SABC members, brewers who are awarded places at the nominated competitions in all categories will receive points. The top point scorer after the last competition will be awarded the SABC Brewer Of The Year trophy. SABC competitions now attract more points (see below).
Point scoring competitions
SABC Summer Competition – Triple Points!
SABC BeerBQ informal competition – Double Points!
SABC Winter Competition – Triple Points!
1st = 3 points.
2nd = 2 points.
3rd = 1 point.