State Amateur Brewing Show, SA
Club member recognition
John Van der Zalm – Best beer of show
Kieren Vercoe – Best brewer of show
Category places: Michael Handran-Smith, Wolfgang Trenkler, Greg Weider, Matt Kennedy, Clinton Fisher, Joel Gaskin, Neill Gardner, James Edwards, Gary Waters, Stuart Kirk.
SABC Club Brewer of the Year
Open to all SABC members, brewers who are awarded places at the nominated competitions in all categories will receive points. The top point scorer after the last competition will be awarded the SABC Brewer Of The Year trophy. SABC competitions now attract more points (see below).
Point scoring competitions
SABC Summer Competition – Triple Points!
SABC BeerBQ informal competition – Double Points!
SABC Winter Competition – Triple Points!
1st = 3 points.
2nd = 2 points.
3rd = 1 point.
The SABC Brewer of the Year for 2018 is Kieren Vercoe!
|John van der Zalm||12|
Competition Dates – This will be updated as information becomes available.
February 2019: SABC Summer comp — NEIPA, Milk Stout, Milkshake Stout and Saison will be judged. Entry portal opens in January.
Saison BJCP 25b: A great style for summer competition brewing because it ferments we’ll in warmer temperatures, so those who do not have temp control can experiment with the yeast.
Milk Stout: Based on 16a sweet stout. Emphasis is on a milky creamy mouthfeel with lactose the main source of the sweetness.
Milkshake stout will also be allowed. They should be higher in mouthfeel. Roastiness and hoppyness should be increased to balance the extra mouthfeel and sweetness. Any additions like chocolate strawberries vanilla etc should be noted in the entry.
NEIPA: From a stylistic standpoint, NEIPA is itself a bit of a conundrum. Opaque, cloudy and occasionally turbid in appearance. NEIPA is most often characterised by restrained bitterness, intense aromatics and “juicy” hop character.
See T&C below.
South Australian Brewing Club (“SABC”) Competition Rules
- Disputes concerning any competition run by the SABC will be determined by the SABC in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Any dispute should be addressed to the Competitions Director and SABC committee.
- In order to be eligible for any prizes, an entrant must be a current financial member at the time the results are published.
- Prior to the judging of entries, the Competitions Director may declare prizes available to any and all entrants.
- Prizes offered as are and cannot be exchanged for cash or same financial value.
- The Competitions Director may vary the rules applicable to any competition by declaring the variations prior to the commencement of judging.
- Prior to the judging of a competition, the Competitions Director may declare all entrants eligible to be awarded prizes.
- Entrants must declare any conflict of interest before taking part in the administration or judging of a competition.
- All participants in an SABC Competition shall act in good faith at all times.