All Things American Winter 2019 Competition
Judging July 6 at the Irish Club, Adelaide. The entry portal will open in mid-June.
Categories — All things American(ish) — limited to 20 beers in seven BJCP 2015 categories.*
1. STANDARD AMERICAN BEER
18. PALE AMERICAN ALE,
19. AMBER AND BROWN AMERICAN BEER
20. AMERICAN PORTER AND STOUT
21A. AMERICAN IPA
22. STRONG AMERICAN ALE
28. AMERICAN WILD ALE
*NEIPA is not recognised in the 2015 BJPC categories and will not be judged.
See T&C below.
Winners – SABC 2019 Summer Competition
Table 1: Stout (18 entries)
|1st and best of show||Dean Smith||Ice Cream Sandwich||Milkshake Stout|
|2nd||John Van Der Zalm||Milkshake Stout||Milkshake Stout||SABC|
|3rd||Luke Beard||Reese’s Pieces||Sweet Stout||SABC|
Table 2: Saison (20 entries)
|1st||John Van Der Zalm||Lilly Pilly Saison||Saison||SABC|
|2nd||Samantha Wallwork||Lime Saison||Saison||SABC|
|3rd||Greg Wieder||Belgian Saison||Saison||SABC|
Table 3: NEIPA (16 entries)
|2nd||Brenton Schoemaker||2 Girls From Ipaneipa||NEIPA|
|3rd||Ali Holden||Idaho 7 Neipa||NEIPA|
SABC Club Brewer of the Year competition
Open to all SABC members, brewers who are awarded places at the nominated competitions in all categories will receive points. The top point scorer after the last competition will be awarded the SABC Brewer Of The Year trophy. SABC competitions now attract more points (see below).
Point scoring competitions
SABC Summer Competition – Triple Points!
SABC BeerBQ informal competition – Double Points!
SABC Winter Competition – Triple Points!
1st = 3 points.
2nd = 2 points.
3rd = 1 point.
The SABC Brewer of the Year for 2018 is Kieren Vercoe!
|John van der Zalm||12|
2018 State Amateur Brewing Show, SA
Club member recognition
John Van der Zalm – Best beer of show
Kieren Vercoe – Best brewer of show
Category places: Michael Handran-Smith, Wolfgang Trenkler, Greg Weider, Matt Kennedy, Clinton Fisher, Joel Gaskin, Neill Gardner, James Edwards, Gary Waters, Stuart Kirk.
South Australian Brewing Club (“SABC”) Competition Rules
- Disputes concerning any competition run by the SABC will be determined by the SABC in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Any dispute should be addressed to the Competitions Director and SABC committee.
- In order to be eligible for any prizes, an entrant must be a current financial member at the time the results are published.
- Prior to the judging of entries, the Competitions Director may declare prizes available to any and all entrants.
- Prizes offered as are and cannot be exchanged for cash or same financial value.
- The Competitions Director may vary the rules applicable to any competition by declaring the variations prior to the commencement of judging.
- Prior to the judging of a competition, the Competitions Director may declare all entrants eligible to be awarded prizes.
- Entrants must declare any conflict of interest before taking part in the administration or judging of a competition.
- All participants in a SABC Competition shall act in good faith at all times.