Summer competition 2020: Belgians
The club summer competition is open for entries. The main theme is Belgian but we are also judging other beers.
Enter here: https://comps.sabrew.com/
You need to register again (link in the top bar menu). Enter Belgians by specific style and category. All other beers, choose the item Other beers and indicate the BJCP style of the beer.
The competition will be held under the standard club rules below.
South Australian Brewing Club (“SABC”) General Competition Rules
- Disputes concerning any competition run by the SABC will be determined by the SABC in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Any dispute should be addressed to the Competitions Director and SABC committee.
- In order to be eligible for any prizes, an entrant must be a current financial member at the time the results are published.
- Only bottles larger than 500ml will be accepted. 700ml bottles are preferred. Two 300ml bottle or cans will not be accepted.
- Prior to the judging of entries, the Competitions Director may declare prizes available to any and all entrants.
- Prizes offered as are and cannot be exchanged for cash or same financial value.
- The Competitions Director may vary the rules applicable to any competition by declaring the variations prior to the commencement of judging.
- Prior to the judging of a competition, the Competitions Director may declare all entrants eligible to be awarded prizes.
- Entrants must declare any conflict of interest before taking part in the administration or judging of a competition.
- All participants in a SABC Competition shall act in good faith at all times.
SABC Club Brewer of the Year competition
The 2019 Brewer of the Year is John van der Zalm.
Open to all SABC members, brewers who are awarded places at the nominated competitions in all categories will receive points. The top point scorer after the last competition will be awarded the SABC Brewer Of The Year trophy. SABC competitions now attract more points (see below).
Point scoring competitions
SABC Summer Competition – Triple Points!
SABC BeerBQ informal competition – Double Points!
SABC Winter Competition – Triple Points!
1st = 3 points.
2nd = 2 points.
3rd = 1 point.